Problem Plants and Alien Weeds of South Africa
First published in 1995 and revised in 2010 as Problem Plants and Alien Weeds of South Africa, this book became an indispensable guide for anyone interested in knowing how to recognise, understand and control troublesome plants.
- The book covers more than 500 species of problem plants in detail, with descriptive and interesting text, highlighting the origin and environmental impact of each species as well as methods of control.
- There are over 700 colour photographs to assist with identification and to illustrate the problematic nature of the plants.
- Up-to-date distribution maps show the range of each plant, while a series of icons offers an easy overview of the pest status of a plant and how it is covered by government regulations, herbicide registration and biological control.
- Introductory chapters explain aspects of undesirable vegetation such as bush encroachment and veld degradation, as well as chemical and biological control techniques and the threat posed by ornamental garden plants.
- An innovative 'identification key' helps even the non-botanist to find and identify a particular species.
Author: Clive Bromilow
EXTENT: 424 pages
Hard cover, full colour